Sunday, July 09, 2006

4th of July weekend

Makenna started crawling last Thursday! She loves crawling to herself in the mirror in our bedroom. Then she just sits up and talks to herself and tries to grap herself in the mirror. TOO CUTE!

Things have been crazy the last two weeks. Busy busy! The trip was nice, stressful at times, but for the most part nice. It would have been nicer if Eli was with us. The kids had a great time. Makenna - GOD BLESS HER, she was such a good baby the whole time. What a trooper!
4th of July was also busy. Saturday I worked and then we went to Brad and Joanns cottage. Sunday I wasn't feeling well so I did a lot of laying around. Monday I babysat. Later that night Eli, the girls, and I headed out to the boat with my mom and dad for a great barbecue. We all stayed the night on the boat. In the morning Eli and I went to JAH to do boarders (a dreadful task which I hate). Then spent the day out on Lake St. Clair. Back to JAH around 6:00pm then back to the boat to watch the fireworks. They were great. Makenna loved it. She watched so intensely the whole time. Then had to drive 1 hour home. I was in the car a little over 5 hours that day. More than I wanted, but worth it. Makenna went swimming in the lake for the first time in her little raft. SHE LOVED IT! Olivia went in the water this time, I was proud of her. She also went in the water at Brad and Joann's cottage. She doesn't like going in water when she can't touch. She did it! She did really great! Erika on the other hand, you can't get out of the water! She is very independent! I wish the girls weren't afraid to go under the water or jump off the boat. I know they would love it if they tried.
The past week, I've been trying to catch up with chores. I have managed to get both my bathrooms done, our bedroom, the van (that took 4 hours) and I am currently working on the basement. I want to be a more organized person. I'm trying to stick to one task at a time.
Last night we could up on our family movie night (usually is on Fridays). We watched Dreamer. Eli and I loved it! The girls didn't make it, they fell asleep half way though. Makenna has been sick the past couple of day with some bumps and a fever. I was told by the doctors office that it is just a virus and treat the symptoms. Today she's doing better. Her fever is down and the bumps are getting better.

No comments: