Friday, July 21, 2006

I did it


Well I've done a few things. I added my profile and flickr photos. I am so proud of myself. The whole computer thing frightens me. I don't have a whole lot of experience with them. One of the reasons I started this blog was because I thought it would make me learn a little about myself, also to get more involved with the computer. I love skimming through other peoples blogs and seeing all the interesting things people can do with them, and also learning about other people. I love it.
Another huge thing I did was share my blog with Diane and Eli's family. One reason is because I wanted Eli's family to start one. I thought since Eli's family is so far away this would keep us all a little closer. Everyone is so busy and it could be an easy way to just keep in touch. It seems like sometimes we all forgot how to use the phone. Eli was always so close with his sisters. He just loves them all! I could not imagine not having my family around me. I have also wondered what they really know about what is going on in our lives. Eli and I have been together, including dating and marriage, 10 years now. I've only met them a handful of times and they have all been so great. I've alway felt very open with them and welcome. I hope they know we think about them and miss them very much.
I thought Diane would like it because she is SO great at things like this and she loves the whole computer thing. She also journals on a regular basis....I give her a lot of credit. Plus there is not a whole lot Diane doesn't know about me. She is my best friend.
Doing this blog has taught me things. This is something I've done completely on my own. It's not rocket science, but to me it wasn't the easiest thing for me to do.
SO.....I have made my blog public. These are things that are going on in my life and thoughts about life in general. Nothing too extravagant. I feel a little naked. Is that a good thing?

2 comments:

Diane said...

Thank you so much for all your support and love. You are more than just a sister, you are my friend! That is when I wish Ryan was a girl, because Lauren will never know what it is like to have a sister like you !!

I Love You!!

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

You made me cry! I love you too! Thank you so much for all you do! I am so truly proud of who you are and what you are doing!
Lauren does have sisters - 3 of them! (they fight like sisters anyway ha ha) Hopefully they will have the same thing we have!!!