Monday, August 14, 2006

A tropical vacation

Eli and I went on our first tropical vacation.....well we pretended! On Saturday night we went to a party Bahama Bob's. A party that Bob and Ann host at their beautiful house. This was our second year going to his party. I hear that it has gotten bigger and bigger every year. Last year I was really pregnant....so it was a quieter night. Eli and I had a great time! They had a steel drum band, great food, great friends, and plenty of beverages to go around. Eli even danced a little bit....which you don't see all that often.
Oh how I wished it was a vacation! I could definitely go somewhere tropical for a week and do nothing but lay in the sun all day and party all night! It's is so refreshing to get out and be with such great people and forget about being a mom for the night.

3 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

Pretending to be on a tropical vacation is always the next best thing to being there.

I have a friend who drops by during the summer and we use the kids blow up pool to soak away the hours.

My husband helps fulfil the fantasy by acting as our cabana boy, bringing us fresh margaritas, chips 'n salsa and handing us towels when we get out. It's the best cheap vacation one could ask for.

Anonymous said...

Ahh you just liked it because you got to shake your booty!! ;)

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

I did get to shake my bootie....can you tell I don't get out much?