Thursday, August 03, 2006

Titus




Today is the 2nd full day with Titus. For the most part, he is doing really well. He loves the kids. No potty accidents today (yet).
He is not doing well with the adult stranger thing. He nipped at Cathy, Jeff, and Kimmy. I'm a little disappointed. He even growled really bad at Kimmy.
Yesterday, I taught him sit and come.
Today, we are working on obedience: leave it, no, no bite. I also have been working on his leash training more. He is doing really great with that. He walks on his leash now like a big boy. I have it on him all the time dragging it around. (thank you Brad for the tip)
Erika, Olivia, and I are testing him a lot today. Taking his bone away. Putting our hands in his bowl and mouth. Makenna even chewed on his bone with him. He didn't care. Which I was happy about. I've been pinching him and grabbing him and testing him. He is doing great with me. He is listening well today! I do hope I can break him of the stranger thing.
If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I don't need criticism, just suggestions. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Diane said...

You are doing a good job, focus on what you are doing, not others. Don't let others bring you down!

Unknown said...

this is probably criticism, but i read in a parenting book that you shouldn't let your kids chew on dog bones. you're also not supposed to let them play with dog poop or shave the dog bald. but enough criticism.. :)