Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Middle of the week blues

I am flying solo the next two days. Eli is going to the Tigers game tonight and tomorrow he has golf. It makes for 2 long days with no break and no adult contact.
Thursday night my family was suppose to have a barbecue with Auntie Chris and her daughter, Karyn (who is in town from Seattle). Unfortunate my Auntie Chris who has ovarian cancer is not doing well at all. Recently she has found out that her cancer is getting worse. So I don't think she is up to the visit. I feel bad for Karyn, being so far away from her mom at this time. I could not imagine. The family has been through so much. They lost their father 12 years ago this month. He died of a heart attack at age 40 playing basketball. His name was Pat. He was my dads best friend. It was the first time I had ever seen my father cry. To loose both their parents at such young ages has to be devastating. Keith and Kevin never recovered from loosing their father. They lost him at a very hard age in life when they needed their father the most. Please keep their family in their prayers.
Dave also has a mother going through cancer. I pray that Lynn and Chris and their families will have hope and strength at this time. Cancer is such a horrible disease and it effects so many families. I am so fortunate that I have never experienced it in my immediate family. My heart goes out to all of you. You all are in my prayers.

No comments: