Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What a pain in the neck

I am just trying to enjoy my 3 weeks off of school. This morning I woke up and couldn't move my neck or my arm. The pain in so horrible and I just can't get comfortable if I lay down, sit, stand or anything. I took 2 darvocet before my doctors appointment at 10:45 this morning and then realized I was so drugged I couldn't drive. My wonderful and loving sister came over to pick me up and take me there and drove around Hamburg with 5 kids in the car while I was at seeing the doctor. I guess I am having some muscle spasms and a nerve is being pinched, I am now taking percocet and soma every 4 hours. Diane took the girls and I back to her house and helped me with the girls and took care of me. I felt useless and trashed. I am so blessed to have Diane, there's not many people I could be around in that much pain and acting so stupid on drugs. Erika snuggled with me tonight and read me a chapter in her book, she loves the Majic Treehouse books. Miss Maddie and Emily prayed for me and my awesome husband gave me a massage for an hour tonight and can turn my head a little more now.
Needless to say, I had to call in to work and my garage sale will have to be postponed for a week, which is OK since I heard Thursday and Friday it's going to be in the high 90's.
I'm just glad that Makenna is feeling better today. She was running a 102 fever yesterday and was not feeling good. Yesterday she was kinda ornery.

1 comment:

Rays Family said...

Sisters are the best! Hope your feeling better.