Sunday, August 12, 2007

Don't want to do that again....

The garage sale is complete. The final total including my Mom, Diane, Bridget, Cathie and I was $442.75. My total was $195.75. Friday and Saturday was pretty slow. Saturday the Brighton Art Festival was going on so I think that had a lot to do with turn out, because Saturdays have always been busy the past 2 years. While I was packing it up, a lady came by, I gave her 2 boxes of crap for free just to get rid of it. I then packed EVERYTHING up and headed to the salvation army. I'm done with it. There was not going to be anything left in my garage and was not about to bring anything back in the house. My house is now clutter and junk free.
Now that most of my baby stuff and all my baby clothes are gone (or will be gone after I take the last 3 bags to consignment this week) from now on it will be off to the salvation army. Garage sales are a ton of work and I just don't think I will have another......at least for a couple years!
Diane and I work so great together and it was fun to go through stuff and be together, but stressful too at times! My sister is now know as the "Sign Nazi". She was obsessed and checked on them frequently, buying new ones and analyzing the proper locations. Kudos to her, we had a great turn out on Thursday....considering we didn't advertise. We only lost Ryan once and for the most part the kids got along....especially for being together non stop from Wednesday to Saturday. Thanks Diane for all you help and doing this with me even though you didn't really want to!

No comments: