Wednesday, December 06, 2006

St. Nicholas


Kimmy started a tradition at Jeffrey's about 8 years ago. A bunch of us would do St. Nick Night. (With the exception of last year) We would all leave a boot out on the front porch, then we split off in groups and would drive around and leave presents for each other. Presents consisted of inexpensive little gifts, mostly great candy and chocolate. We all knew each others favorites. We would drive near and far. Mostly just having fun, laughing, and trying not to get caught putting everything in each others boots. It has died down quite a bit, different group of people and since some of us ended up reproducing, (Nikki, Saudi, Kimmy, and I) we just do it for the kids now. Kimmy and I went out tonight. We were in charge of the "brighton area". Athena was taking care of Saudi's little boy. We got some coffee, went shopping and headed over to Nikki's. I think Nikki saw me, the place where I had to leave the goods was in front of a huge bay window. I was trying to be so careful, ducking and weaving, then ran like hell. Then I came home and did the boots for my girls. Kimmy also did one for Marina. It was a fun night.

No comments: