Friday, October 20, 2006

My trip to LCC

Well I didn't get lost. It took me 45 minutes to drive and park. Not bad. The seminar was a little scary. Nursing is not the easiest program to get into. The seminar was to explain why it is so hard to get into and how to better your chances of getting in. You are accepted based on a point system.....and YES your grades. Oh wow. I did horribly in microbiology (2.0), I had a miscarriage and got married that semester. I am hoping I don't have to retake it. From what I got from the seminar it is a tough program and they are making it harder to get in every year. I wouldn't even be able to apply for the program until March 2008. Start September 2008 or January 2009 and graduate June 2010 or December 2010. Which puts Erika at 11, Olivia at 9 and Makenna at 5. WOW! The great thing about it is, I am eligible for NCLEX-PN half way through school. Which means if I pass the exam, I am entitled to practice as an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) while I finish school. That will hopefully give me great experience.
The classes I would have to get done before December 2007 are....Human Anatomy, Healthy Lifestyles, Psychology, Pharmacology, Human Growth and Development, and Human Physiology. I also have to have a current BCLS (basic cardiac life support certification). Not only do I have to take them in 3 semesters, I have probably get a 3.7 or better, so I don't have to take my microbiology over. The program director explained that the program is difficult but rewarding. Anyways, I think I'm up for the challenge.
I feel like I have ants in my pants. Now that my mind is set, I just want it to get it going. I have no patience. I know this is going to be a long drawn out process. I just can't wait for the end result!

1 comment:

Rays Family said...

Dana, how exciting! I'm so excited for you. You CAN do it!

Anne