Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend





I had no time to be tired. I spent my morning on the phone. Makenna and I went Costco shopping with Marina and Kimmy. Bobby and Eli had to work on the leak problem on the roof. In the evening, Erika and Olivia colored Easter eggs. They did a great job. Then Eli and I put the kids to bed and got down to business. (not that kind of business) I had to get the house in order. Eli stuffed and hid the eggs and I worked on baskets. It took me 2 seconds to fall asleep when my head hit that pillow!

Early Sunday morning we did our traditional egg hunt. Then rush to get ready for Marina's baptism. Marina looked like an angel. She did great! I have to admit, I do NOT miss Catholic mass. It was a little painful, especially with 3 kids. It was 1 1/2 hours. It felt like years. I still have most of the mass memorized. I'm not sure of that's sad or if I should be proud of that???

After the baptism, we headed off to Kim and Bobs for brunch. Then off to my mom and dads for dinner with the family.

It was a great weekend. The girls had so much fun all weekend! They were behaving like little princesses and I was so proud of them. It's good to just step back a little and watch them do their thing. I've really been trying hard to watch my control issues. It's been paying off. I've had a great sense of CALM this weekend. Busy as it was, it was a great feeling.

No comments: