Wednesday, June 27, 2007

For old time sake!














Cathie and I have been friends for about 16 years. I met her in high school. Only because I was her boyfriends~ex-girlfriend, awkward. She came over to my house to kick my a$$. (I know, high school drama) Well anyways, instead of kicking my a$$, we became friends and the rest is history. Cathie and Kevin are married now. Which is kinda funny how things happen. Cathie and I have been through thick and thin together. There even was a time in our friendship that she lived with me in high school and we did bicker about who's turn it was to use the phone, typical sister fight. We have lost touch through the years but when we get together we seem to pick up where we left off. The only think that really changed was the amount of growing the children have done.
On Sunday we went out to Livonia to watch the spree fireworks (which 11 years ago, the night of the same fireworks, Eli and I had our first kiss) We barbecued, laughed and caught up on old times. The kids got to jump on the trampoline, swing from the trees, catch a whole bunch of lighting bugs, and giggle till their hearts were content! It was a late night, which is pretty typical when we get together.
Our families are going on vacation together in August, up to Kevin's parents cottage. Which I am just so excited about! They have boats, jet ski's, campfires, and all the accessories. So it gives us all something to look forward too! Can't wait! School will be done then, so I just get to relax and enjoy.

You can see the rest of the pictures here:
Spree Fireworks

No comments: