Friday, July 06, 2007

Goodbye Cutie

So an update on our animal situation. The girls were given 2 hamsters two years ago, "Goody" and "Cutie". We lost one a couple of months ago because of a cage failure (meaning someone forgot to close it). With 4 cats in the house, I'm sure he didn't survive the night. Sunday night, "Cutie" died from old age. Erika was pretty upset. Olivia was just fascinated that blood was coming from his mouth and told Erika to "stop crying".
So last night, "the family" buried him in the garden of weeds by the shed in the back yard. Trying to dodge all the mosquito's, Eli and I tried to hurry up the funeral procession. Erika told us she needed some "private time" with Cutie. So we happily ran to the house. Yeah, rude, but again....the mosquito's, it was bad.
Here's a note she wrote to God and wants to but it by the grave...........
"Tittle: God wach out for my hamster. God I hope you wach over quty my hamster. I rilly injoyd having him in my family. I love him and I'll miss him. I'm glad he is in a beter plase."

No comments: