Friday, February 23, 2007

Just an update on the everyday

Olivia has strep for the 4th time in 2 months. She is now being referred to an ENT and recommended that her tonsils be removed. She has been on a strongest antibiotic possible for 4 days now and her she still sounds like she has something in her throat. Her pediatrician said there is nothing more they can do for her. They have done all they can. Her ENT appointment is on March 8th (that's the soonest they could see her).
Makenna woke up with a 102 fever this morning but is acting fine...no runny nose, cough, sneezing, vomiting, diarrhea etc....so who knows why, probably some stupid virus.
I am ready to bomb my house, burn it to the ground. I am so sick of germs and sickness I could just scream! I am just truly lucky that I haven't caught anything from the 3 of them. I just want winter to end. Yet again another reason to want to move as far away from Michigan as possible. Yes the snow is pretty but I would rather just take a picture and move on. I need sunshine and flowers. Not dirty brown snow. I think I have that seasonal depression thing.
Eli has been working like crazy. We haven't been seeing a lot of each other and I think it is starting to wear on us. I am lucky if Eli gets home before 6:30 lately. It is a long day for him having to get up at 4:30 am to get to work. I am sure he is just exhausted as I am as well dealing with the kids solo. I really miss him. I feel that we are a little distant lately and would love to get him all to myself for just an hour.
I went to small group last night and it was wonderful. I am so blessed to have such a great group of friends. When we get together there is never a dull moment or a quiet moment to say the least. There is 6 of us and we are all different and so much alike in so many ways and it is GREAT! Eli was so wonderful to stay home with 5 girls....yes 5 girls. Makenna, Erika, Olivia, Maddie, and Emily. Eli said they had a great time and were good. He thought it was amazing how 5 girls in one room could be so LOUD. It was great that he did that for Cathie and I to be able to go to group and have some time. Poor Dave was with his grandma.
My brother is coming in town today with his girlfriend, Rachel. So I think Saturday we will be getting together at my parents for dinner. Sunday I have to study, study, study.... I have 2 tests next week on ALL the joints, muscles, and bones. I'm ok with the joints and bones but the muscles confuse me a little. I guess I never realized how many we actually have.
One of our friends, Bob Rays, lost his mom to cancer on Wednesday. So if you could take a moment to pray for their family..... That would be great! Cancer sucks! I am so blessed that I have never had it effect my immediate family. Loosing my Auntie Chris was hard enough. I could imagine loosing a family member. My heart goes out to their wonderful family.

No comments: