Friday, February 16, 2007

The everyday

Sorry I haven't been blogging....I've been caught up in the everyday, plus every time I start to blog lately my computer freezes and I just get p*##$* off. So lately to avoid getting into a bad mood. I go online, check email, do some homework, check my favorite blogs and I'm out. SO ANYWAYS.....
I guess I'll start with school. I am carrying a 4.0 in both my classes. Yeah I'm one of the smart, older, dorky mom that complain when I get a low A on a test. Overall having a great time in school.
Makenna....We had a orthopedic appointment this week. The break is encapsulated (radius) and there is new bone growth around the two ends that don't quite meet up. We are going to re Xray it in 6 months to make sure the bone is reshaping and growing out. She is using it and occasionally hits it on something or falls on it and say and says, "OW OW OW". The doctor has lifted all restrictions and she is allowed to be a normal 17 month old. She is talking now. Her first full sentence was, "I DO IT MYSELF" or "I DO IT". Either way, she wants to do it with NO help from me or her big sisters. Here are some of her other words or similar sounding words...
Momma - sounds like "Momma"
Hi Daddy - sounds like "Hi Tada"
Titus - sounds like "Tiii Tiii"
Olivia - sounds like "Eeeeeaaaaaa"
Erika - sounds like "Akaaaaa"
Dog - sounds like "God"
Kitty - sounds like "Titty" or she'll say "Eow" for meow
Fish - sounds like "shishy"
Auntie - sounds like "Ahhh eeee"
Juice - sounds like "suess"
Cheese - sounds like "eeezzzzz"
Bottle - sounds like "ba ba"
I love you - sounds like "I O EW"
Yesterday she wanted to eat Cathies roast beef sandwich and instead of Cathie helping her she says, "I do it"...... grabbed it away from her and went to town! Good thing Cathie likes baby spit!

Makenna is as happy as can be. I love this stage. Everyday there is something new. She is figuring the world out and it is an amazing thing to watch and be a part of.

Olivia is somethin special.....she is having her good days and bad days. She having some self esteem issues and power struggle issues. Her teacher, social working, and I have been dealing with it and I have seen some improvement. I think she was just really jealous of Makenna getting so much attention the past month. I also think she is having trouble seeing far away, I have to get her to the eye doctor. I've been really trying with her and I feel that we are making some strides to a better relationship! She is SO much like me it is SO scary.
Erika is doing great! She wanted her hair cut, so I let her, she loves it! She is growing up so fast. Doing great in school! She is getting more aggressive in soccer. Well rounded happy little young lady! She has so many friends and always looks out for them.

We have our everyday sibling rivalry, but over all Erika, Olivia, and Makenna really are the best of friends, they really love each other! Today Erika and Olivia are out of school for mid winter break.....I feel like they have been out of school more than they have been in school, with all the snow days and sick days. I am getting so sick of winter and I want to go outside!!!! Maybe I just want the kids to go outside. Either way, enough is enough. It is to freakin cold.

On a happy note...Eli and I are going on a weekend trip....in April. Don't know where. All I know is that we are going with Dave, and Cathie. NO KIDS!!! It is a surprise for Cathie and I. Cathie wants to be surprised, but I want to know all the details......(control issues) it's driving me crazy and Eli is loving it! He is totally playing games with me. The last time Eli and I went anywhere together without children was in 2001. I am SO excited!!!! It gives me something to look forward to!

GOTTA GO! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: