Saturday, January 20, 2007

This week

Excuse my absence. I haven't even thought about blogging because I have been so wrapped up in the everyday. This was my first week of school. It was great! Time consuming but great. I love my anatomy teacher. I have a feeling I'm going to love this class. Anatomy is very facinating to me for some reason. I am probably one of the oldest in the class, but because of my "girlish figure" (I mean how I look like a 12 years old), I think I fit right in. My 3 lab partners are probably around 21 and listening to them talk and discuss what is going on with their lives was cute, I was laughing inside. I was probably just like them when I was that age. One girl looked at me like I was an alien when I told her I have 3 children.
This week I have had an uphill battle and full out struggle with my middle child. MISS OLIVIA, God love her, I know I do. There are just some moments that I want to pinch her. She wants to argue about everything. Now she is at the point where she full blown YELLS AT ME! She is grounded right now. From gum, candy, friends, and last night she had to go to bed early. I had a long talk with her. She was half listening, half not. She didn't want to talk to me. She just got crocodile tears and asked for her Daddy (mind you, she has never been a Daddy's girl). So my prayer for this week consisted of Olivia, Olivia, Olivia. I feel like I am failing as a mother. I thought that her and I would have a great relationship because of me being the middle child as well. The harder I try with her, the further I get.
I had a little break down and played the "what if" game in my mind. Eli wanted to talk to me about it and I felt that I couldn't speak my mind because I didn't know how to explain my feelings in a way that it didn't offend him or make him feel like "WE" were a mistake or that I was regretting anything in our lives together. I made so many mistakes as a teenager and as a young adult. I hate thinking about how stupid I was right out of high school and how I could let wanting to party with my friends and boyfriend at that time alter going away to college. I took the easy way out. I was affraid to try something new and meet new people. Affraid I wouldn't fit in. I stayed in my little comfortable situation and lived at home. I had a university life sitting right in front of me, no questions asked, paid for. What did I do.....ANYWAY....enough about that.
Erika had her 2nd and 3rd soccer game. She is getting better! She says that she loves it but would like to switch back to gymnastics in the spring. I'm just happy that she is willing to try different things. I found myself being a "soccer mom", screaming, cheering, and carrying on....get the ball Erika, GO GO GO. I think I embarrassed Eli.
Makenna is doing better. She has a great attitude. She doesn't mind her cast and is using that arm more and more every day. Her recheck with the ortho was pretty good. The bone has fused together FINALLY, but not as straight as he would have hoped. He said that there will be a visual difference between the 2 arms, but as the bone grows it should straiten out and get back to the normal shape withing 6 months to a year. She might, and I say might, get her cast off in two weeks. Yippy!
I think I have covered my week.

1 comment:

Rays Family said...

Hi Guys:

We are so glad to hear that sweet baby Makenna is home and feeling better. Eli and Dana you two have been through a rough couple of months please know that we are praying for you and are always available if you need ANYTHING! Dana, I know sleeping in your own bed tonight will feel so good.

Love, The Rays Family