Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Makenna has a BOO BOO

Most of you may know...but in case you don't, Makenna broke her arm yesterday. She broke both her radius and ulna just above her wrist on her left arm. We went to the ER pediatric unit at St Joseph Ann Arbor, which I have to say, the nurses there are absolutely wonderful and so kind and know just where to put the chair when a mom is about to pass out. It is a pretty bad break. They set her arm the best they could and sent us home with pain medication and a referral for an orthopedic surgeon. Today we saw the surgeon. WHO CLEARED HIS SCHEDULE tomorrow morning to reset Makenna arm with a live X-ray. He wanted to do it tonight but couldn't get an open spot or an anesthesiologist. He was so nice and Makenna smiled and waved hello and bye bye to him (which was such a huge thing considering Makenna has been pretty miserable). I feel like we are in good hands but I am completely terrified.
I just wanted to keep everyone posted, while I had a quick second. I have so much to do to get ready for tomorrow. If you could please throw a prayer our way I would greatly appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many prayers for all of you tonight and tomorrow Dana, I'm so sorry about Makenna. Poor baby and poor mommy and daddy.

Anne