Thursday, January 11, 2007

My trip to Lansing

I left the house last night! It was great! Cathie and I drove to Lansing to meet up with Monaca at the bookstore near MSU. I was able to get all my books except for 1. I was like a kid in a candy store. I was picking out books and Monaca was making sure the books for the class that she teaches was in, her students lied to her and told her that the bookstore was sold out. It was a little strange hanging out with a "teacher", especially such a young and cute one (and younger than me)! We went to starbucks for coffee and some girly talk and then headed home.
Cathie pointed out all the places that her a Dave used to live and talked about old times. It was so great to get out.
Tonight is my first "official" small group meeting. I am in need!
Two nights out in a row....I hope Makenna is better for Eli tonight than last night. Thanks Eli, I love you! (Correction - This will be Eli's third night in row alone with kids....I forgot that I worked on Tuesday night)

1 comment:

Diane said...

I am so happy for you, and you should be so proud of yourself for doing something for YOU!!!!!