Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Funeral

The funeral was yesterday. It was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. I think I started crying the moment I got into the car to go to the funeral till I arrived at work around 3:00. The funeral service was nice. The cemetery was difficult for me. It was the first time I have ever seen anyone being lowered into the ground and covered up before. I had feelings I have never felt before. There were moments that Keith and I and Kevin and I were hugging so close and crying so hard I just wanted to fall to the ground. I can't stop thinking about them and about my Auntie Chris.
The one thing that keeps entering my thoughts is what a wonderful mother and person she was. Her smile and laugh was contagious. She had the most distinct laughs I have ever heard.....it would fill the room. I keep hearing her laugh in my head like she is sitting right next to me.

Keith and I are setting up a golf outing in memory of Auntie Chris and Uncle Pat. We are thinking it will be Sunday October 15th. I have some work to do on finding just the right place. If anyone is interested and want to celebrate their lives with us let me know.

There also is a bowling fundraiser for support for the family at Oak Lanes 8450 Middlebelt Rd in Westland at 12:00 noon....bowling starts at 1:00. Cost is $25.00 a person for 3 games of no tap. There will be 50/50 raffles or door prizes. Or you can make contributions...if your interested I can get you the name and numbers for that.

No comments: