Saturday, May 31, 2008

My step back

I think I am at the point in one's life that when I am older I hopefully can look back at all this and laugh. This whole situation will be a story I can talk about and say I went through it and tell someone who is in the same situation that YES they will get through it and one day it will be better. But right now I am loosing faith, hope, and my sanity.
Tuesday morning when I woke up I felt great, went to physical therapy and was so proud of myself. Frank (my physical therapist) was happy with my progress and I was ahead of schedule. I was a little stressed that Frank told me he didn't think I should go back to work for at least another 3 - 4 weeks, but he said "we will see how it goes". He even gave me new exercises and I kicked butt. Wednesday was ok, a little sore from doing so much on Tuesday but still....I was happy and had a great attitude. It was a good sore, a work out sore.
Thursday at the dentist, Makenna was being a good girl for the first 45 minutes, after that, she lost control. Dealing with hearing the news about Olivia's teeth, trying to understand the treatment plan and trying from keeping Makenna from tearing up the place I had to pick her up and hold her more then once. Long story short, my back didn't like it. A few hours later at PT my back was spasming and I spent about 2 1/2 hours with my PT crying and in pain. He told me that just because I feel better one day doesn't mean that I am healed, that I have to remember that this is serious and I have to take it slow. He reassured me that sometimes this happens and that I just aggravated it a little and this is just a little bump in the road, that I pushed it a little too far. I felt like a complete ass because I had one of the moments that when you start to cry you can't stop. I was so frustrated, my PT and his tech did everything they could to help relieve some of the pain. I felt that everything I had done and all the work that I had done at PT was just erased and I was back at square one.
Friday I went back to the PT and I am now off most of my exercises and back on just massage, traction, some sissy exercises and the tread mill, plus I am back to being on pain medication regularly. Depending on how it goes through the weekend we can start adding things slowly again next week.
I want to take a huge jump forward!!!!!

No comments: