Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ursula

"You da sea witch Momma"




On Tuesdays, Miller offers free parenting classes with daycare provided. In the afternoon session is Jim Fay's "Love and Logic" session. The evening session is based on Dr. Becky Bailey's "Conscious Discipline".
From what I have read and watching some session on DVD, I like Becky Bailey's approach better. Brighton Area Schools try to follow "conscious discipline" in the classrooms.
I could use a little help in the discipline department. The girls listen to me so much better when Eli is around and that is so frustrating for me. I feel myself loosing my temper more that usual. Mostly because I am so sick of listening to the girls arguing with each other and arguing with me. Sibling rivalry is getting the best of me. Makenna has a mouth on her and repeats everything that Erika and Olivia say to each other. So Makenna will walk around saying "shut your mouth", "you not nice", "you mean", "you stop it", "go to your room" oh the list could go on.
The biggest issue I am having with the girls is when I say NO. I mean it and do not try and talk me out of it. Why can't NO just mean NO, and why the heck do I have to give a reason or argue the reason. Lately I just feel like everything is an argument and everything is forced. Taking away privileges isn't working and grounding isn't working. So hopefully this will help me take a calmer approach.

No comments: