Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Change

So I gave my blog a little makeover. I needed a change, go figure. This week is my last week for a while that I will be working over 40 hours. After this week, I should be averaging about 30 - 35 hours, and I should only be working 2 weekdays a week, the rest is evening and weekends, but that should give Marlene a little break and I can be home during the day with the girls more. My house is somewhat clean, thanks to my mother coming over Sunday, while Eli was at the wings game, to motivate me. Sometimes I just need a good kick in the a##, and my mom is usually pretty good at doing that.
Makenna had a complete meltdown this morning because I wasn't dropping her off at "Nana's". OUCH! She is ok now because I bribed her with some suckers so it would seem that she would rather be with me.
This Friday I am officially applying for the nursing program and I am in gear and getting my paperwork together. I have yet another personal statement to write and I am going to use a lot from the personal statement from my scholarship application, so it shouldn't be that time consuming.
Tonight I am taking Erika and Olivia out to pick out their Valentines cards and we will be doing all that, which I actually enjoy. It is so fun to listen to the girls tell stories about their friends and why they are giving them a certain Valentine.
Eli and I have a lot on our minds the past couple of days and we are dealing with a few things that I will keep you updated on as soon as I can and we when we hear something. We have had a few nights that we have been up readdressing things and talking about life in general. We are emotionally exhausted, but working as a team and encouraging each other, which has been nice. I can't wait to have a little break together. I think I need some Eli time.

No comments: