Friday, January 25, 2008

WHEW

Anxiety attack? I almost had one. I called my academic adviser regarding my meeting I have to have with her so she can sign off on my portfolio for the nursing program, she told me to bring my waiver for my microbiology. Waiver? What waiver? It was something the director of the program told me over the phone. So all week I have been trying to get a hold of the person I actually talked to last June that said that they would waive it. I almost didn't get it because I took my micro 11 years ago instead of 8 and I got a C (yes a C), but that was the semester Eli and I were married and we had a miscarriage, and I was taking 14 credits and working 50+ hours a week, it was a rough couple of months. After 5 days of phone calls and emails, I finally have the waiver in my hot little hands. I literally sat and stared at my inbox until it came. The only reason why this lady decided to actually give it to me is because of my current 3.89 GPA and my lab tech experience.
The other obstacle I dealt with last week was my physiology teacher (she actually used the terms, "I'm sorry, I must have had a brain fart") gave me the wrong grade and I have been on the phone with her, the registrars office, and the science department. All I have to l say right now is do not stand in the way of my dream, I am bound and determined and I am on top of this. I have worked too hard for someone to make a simple mistake and risk me having to wait another year for this.
I am also trying to apply for a few scholarships, one application is due by next week and the other I can apply once I get the acceptance letter. A little money could help right about now......

No comments: