Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update on the job situation

This week has been crazy. I am going on my 4th day of work. On Tuesday after training in cardio, I was hired in as a relieve technician for Dr. Brown. So it is official, I now am employed by 3 places and I have picked up a few more shifts. Cardio was great and I am trying to read and study and research different cardiac diseases, so I seem like I know what I am talking about. Today AEC was kind enough to get an animal from Last Chance Rescue to spay/neuter and Dr. Robertson is having someone show me how to put in a central line while the animal is fully anesthetized of course. I am learning so much and so excited but honestly exhausted. Last week my solo shift was absolutely crazy, I had 5 hospitalized animals and a surgery. I don't know how I made it through the day but was told by the doctor at the end of the shift...."You rock and I will play will you anyday". Dr Robertson walked in in the midst of all the chaos and told me that I was a hot topic during the doctors meeting and they want to see me on the schedule more. HEE HEE.

Yesterday (at Jeffreys) I found out that one of our technicians threw out her back and will probably be out for a while and another technician is pregnant. So until Kimmy comes back from maternity leave it will be crazy there and the doctors sometimes get, let say "stressed". So life at Jeffreys will be crazy next couple of weeks.

This Saturday I am working from 9 am to Midnight between Jeffreys and AEC and Saturday nights are usually pretty busy, and I will probably start running out of steam by 9. I will be drinking lots of coffee.

So I am off to put in a central line and I can't wait to go out tonight with some friends for some dinner, some laughs, and some wine....

Eli, thank you for your support, dinners waiting for me in the micro, dishes that were done, reading to the girls when you knew I was too tired, and your love. I know Eli is just as tired as me with his 50+ work weeks but is trying to help the best he can. My mother is an angel and has been babysitting for me more than she deserves and is supporting me and cheering me on, I couldn't be doing this without her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When a Dr says to you "You rock and I will play will you any day", does that mean that the two of you were playing doctor?