Thursday, December 13, 2007

WOW what a ride

I have just finished my investigation protocol and it is all pretty and ready to hand in tomorrow. All I have left to do is take my final tomorrow night in physiology. The best part about it is that I only need to get 65 point out of 105 to get a 4.0 in that class. BIG SIGH! After the last 4 months of pressure, I think I can pull that off.

My grades are posted for my other classes and here they are:
Algebra 4.0
Pharmacology 3.5
Human Growth and Development 3.5

So I don't have a 4.0 GPA anymore, I have a 3.87 and I am ok with it. I am proud of myself and I feel overwhelmed with so many emotions right now I can't even put them into words. I did it, I survived a 14 credit hour semester as a mother of 3 and 2 part time jobs. Yes my house is filthy and I have laundry downstairs that should have been folded and put away, yes I have 3 little girls who miss me terribly and husband who is about to go on strike, and yes I miss all of them just as much ~ even more, and yes I miss my family and friends.

So I am going to take my LAST final tomorrow and then I am going to go to the bar after and have a drink because I was invited to go with my lab group (who are all under the age of 24) ~ HA!

I feel at this moment I am right were I belong. Everything I worked so hard for and prayed for and pleaded for and cried over is all right here in front of me. If I have calculated my points correctly.....I have a ticket to nursing school. I remember looking at the 8 prerequisites saying, it's going to take FOREVER! Well forever was just a year and yes it was as bad as I thought it would be.

I am a strong person, but only because of God and the people who stand behind me to catch me when I fall and the ones who stand beside me holding my hand encouraging me to be who I was meant to be.

I DID IT!

Thank you for putting up with me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Dana. We've missed you. Your grades are amazing in and of themselves, and even better in light of all that you've got on your plate.

(note that i am the first to congratulate you. everyone else's congratulations and applause should seem meaningless in light of mine)

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Thanks Dave! I've missed you guys too!

Technically if you check facebook, your beautiful wife actually congratulated me this morning. Second to your wife...hee hee!