Tuesday, October 19, 2010

La La La

'La La La' is a joke between Eli and I.  It is mostly used when we are hinting to each other that we are just done with the conversation, done trying to explain it, done talking about a a certain topic or done arguing about it....just ~ DONE ~.  Yeah, it's kinda where I'm at right now, but I'm pretty sure Eli's on board, standing with me this time.

Most of you know that we are moving, well technically we have moved but have crap here there and everywhere.  We are not exactly completely out of the Brighton house, but it is almost complete.  I am awaiting that day so I can have my full blown meltdown and THEN I can finally get on with life and put this behind us.  I would be sad moving even if it was a choice that we made.  Saying goodbye to a chapter that has impacted you in your life is usually hard.  Unfortunately this was a choice that we have been forced into or I guess, in a way, you could say we fell into..... really hard, which makes it that much more difficult to say goodbye to what we once called home.  Thank God for my spectacular memories.  Sifting through the proof of memories has been heart-wrenching.  Deciding what goes where, what gets thrown out and what comes with us has been really tough.  Setting fire to and BURNING some of that proof of the bad memories in our new fire-pit has been very therapeutic!

Eli, the girls and I had a 'family fire' a couple weekends ago and it gave me some peace in my heart.  We talked to the girls about life, asked them questions about how they feel, we laughed, and there were some tears but it was wonderful!  We played 'we're going on a trip' and Makenna owned it, Eli and I were shocked!  We had a great night together!

We're going on a trip and we are going to bring:
Apples, Bananas, Carrots, Dog, Elephant, Fergie, Gorilla, Happy Horse, Igloo, Jillian, Koala, Leopard, Makenna, Nana, Ostrich, Pepperoni, Quilt, Rhinoceros, Slippery Snake, Tent, Unicorn, Velveteen rabbit, Whistle, Xylophone, Yo-yo, Zebra.

The 4 acres and farmhouse that we now call home, has already brought us some pretty great, new and improved memories ~ unforgettable, laughing until your side hurt memories!  We had our first fire, Makenna had her first official friend sleepover and we celebrated Makenna's 5th birthday and Papa's birthday.

Pictures off all the fun are HERE in our online albums.

HERE are some pictures of the house before we started moving in.  We've been working hard and the girls are helping, loving it most of the time, arguing some of the time.  The girls started a new school and they couldn't be happier!  I love the school system, I love that the bus stop is at the end of the driveway and I can sit on my BIG porch watching them and waving as they get on and off the bus.  WE love the yard and MOST of the critters.  Not so much the spiders and the stray cat that is crapping and pissing on the driveway and bushes....but the great definitely outweighs the stupid little things.
Fresh Start

Back to School 2010

Changing the subject a bit, my back progression has taken a turn in the wrong direction, having some new and strange sensations, increased pain along with continued swelling in my legs and feet is beginning to piss me off a bit.  Being 34 years old and on Lasix is a little abnormal but I'm rolling with it to be more comfortable.  I am having a CT scan and a repeat MRI next week to check the hardware position, fusion progression and/or possible rupture/herniation of another level.  The doctor has discontinued physical therapy until we get the results and see the surgeon again in 2 weeks.  So LALALALALA....  is all I have left to say about that. 

All in all we're hanging in there together as a family.  Taking it day by day.  What else can we do?

No comments: