Monday, October 25, 2010

Come Monday, It'll Be All Right!

Its Monday Im In Love


Every Monday on facebook and twitter everyone seems to complain about Monday mornings.  I have always worked Saturday and/or Sundays the majority of my adult life, so Mondays have always been just another day. I have never had a Monday-thru-Friday work week, with weekends off.  When I was in school I may have disliked Monday mornings because there was always something due or there was some kind of test or quiz, but again...just another day of the week.
Being off on my medical hiatus, Monday mornings to me now is the day that Eli goes back to work and all 3 girls are in school.....ALL day.  Today, I don't have ANY appointment, physical therapy or errand I have to run.  It's quiet, I have control of remote and I'm watching Ellen.  My house is mostly clean, the laundry is under control and I'm trying to behave until I get the results from the MRI/CT scan that I have to have done on Wednesday. 
No, our move still isn't complete...but now that my mail is finally being forwarded to our new house and all that is left to move is too heavy for me to carry, I am staying far away.  There is no reason for me to go there alone to cry and ruin my day.
The rest of the week is busy with appointments. Olivia's 9th birthday is on Friday, Halloween school parties...blah blah.  Why do I feel guilty that I'm sitting here enjoying 'me' time?  There are things that I 'could' do but when I get going....I end up doing things I shouldn't do. 
I need to update my BLS card.  I've been thinking about looking into alternative nursing jobs that do not interest me and does not require full use of my back.  Thinkin maybe more school??  There is obviously some plan for me but I can't quite put my finger on it.  I may need to change my future that I wanted up a bit.  I think that if I prepare myself for the possibility of having permanent restrictions and it doesn't end up happening, I will be better off.  I need something to fall back on...something to focus on right now. 
One thing I do know is that I'm changing the channel because having to listen to Kathie Lee Gifford is not gratifying.

2 comments:

Cartoon Characters said...

hi! if u are having trouble with hospital nursing...try what I do. I do telenursing. I triage callers over the phone...
One has to probably be in a center where they have call centers..but i think there may be options for working from home like I do now.
There are lots of options in nursing! :)

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Thank you for the information :) I am still on medical leave. I am going to look into it because I know I would not be able to handle a 8-12 hour shift on the floor yet.
I love that there are so many options I just wish that I had more experience...
Thanks again!