Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2010 Is Coming To An End

This year was one of the toughest years of my life. Totally trumping the first year of marriage ;) We survived many struggles this year ~ nursing school, a spinal fusion, loosing our house, bankruptcy and a few others. We survived it together and we made it through in one piece! There is life after debt. We are living proof.

My family and I are leaving the past behind and we are not looking back. What's done is done. I'm not ashamed. I am extremely humbled. Keeping my eyes on the recovering road ahead and looking forward to a hopefully tame new year.

I am thankful that 2010 is almost over. I'm not going to dwell on what happened. I am grateful for the experience...but that doesn't mean I would ever want to do it again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

2010 has brought me to a better understanding of who I really am, how strong I thought I was and how strong I really am.  I have learned what marriage is all about and how resilient my 3 beautiful girls are. Talk about unconditional love.

God gave us a time out which in turn gave us time to find ourselves and each other after almost 4 very busy years of prerequisites and nursing school. My husband and I are better friends and we are becoming better parents.  We are now a stronger family and have too many blessings to count! 

BRING ON 2011 :)


Zeitgeist 2010: Year in Review

1 comment:

L&D said...

Love this post.

Also wanted to come by to thank you for your comment on my blog. I was so moved by your words I even quoted you in the post I just wrote. So thank you again. Much appreciated.