Tuesday, May 05, 2009

What a day!

Posted by Picasa

May 5th is a day that has been etched in my life for the past 11 years. Eleven years ago today, I graduated as a LVT (Licensed Veterinary Technician) with an Associates Degree in Applied Science and sadly it was also the due date of the baby that Eli and I lost. It was a day that I have always had mixed emotions about. A day that made me smile and made me cry, every year since then. On graduation day I was surrounded by great friends, my awesome sister, my husband and my wonderful parents! That night Eli and I partied until the sun came up. It is a day in my life that will always be with me and will never be forgotten.
TODAY, MAY 5th 2009, 11 years later....still young, yet a little wiser! A wife of over 11 years, mother of 3 beautiful little girls, working and going to school full time. TODAY, I passed my final exam with a 90%! I am now a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse). In one short year, I will be an RN! :)
So it is a great day today! A milestone that I can add to my May 5th with the greatest SMILE :)! Proof of how great my life truly is and how to take the good with the bad sometimes. Today, I am reminded that Eli has been there with me every step of the way from the very beginning to this very moment. He has held my hand through ALL of this. He has been there to laugh with me and has been there to wipe away my tears!! Through good times and bad! So I DID IT, but not alone, with my partner in crime and also all the people I love the most!

1 comment:

Monaca said...

You are incredible!!! Congrats Friend!!!! You did it!